Austin, Texas is a vibrant city, with a legendary live music scene, exciting nightlife, and an ever-evolving restaurant culture (think mouth-watering BBQ and tasty Tex-Mex). Residents love Austin for just these reasons—in addition to the ‘small town’ feel within the larger city landscape. “Keep Austin Weird” has been established as a local motto, often featured on T-shirts and bumper stickers, promoting Austin’s diversity and creative vibe. It’s no surprise the city has seen an impressive influx of new residents throughout the past decade. The secret is out!
Allandale is an established family-friendly neighborhood located in north central Austin that many Austinites are drawn to. A quick snapshot of the neighborhood is as follows:
- Before buying into the Allandale HOA, which often includes cable TV as well as a gym and exercise room for the community, be sure to check out reserve funds, bylaws and budgets—not to mention the rules of the community. In the past, fees have typically hovered around $180 per month, however this is subject to change.
- Established as one of Austin’s most central neighborhoods, Allandale is located just minutes from most downtown nightlife, and surrounded by numerous historic parks of Old Austin. Allandale’s boundaries are between Mopac Loop 1 and Burnet Road.
- There are many locally owned restaurants, shops and boutiques located in Allandale. Hop on your bike and head downtown to enjoy the energetic nightlife, or enjoy a delicious meal at local favorite Fonda San Miguel Restaurant or a burger and an ice cold beer at Top Notch.
- Neighborhood students may attend the prestigious Fine Arts Academy (FAA) at McCallum High School that offers an accelerated curriculum in Fine Arts for students across Austin.
- Nearby schools include: Gullett Elementary School, a public institution for grades PK-5, Lamar Middle School, a public institution for grades 6-8, and Austin Montessori, a private institution for grades PK-3. The Texas School for the Blind & Visually Impaired is also within close proximity.
- Many of the homes in Allandale retain many of their original materials, colors, and charm. Others have been remodeled or even totally rebuilt, providing the established neighborhood a welcoming vintage-chic vibe.
- The average list price in Allandale hovers around $547,166
- Another great feature of Allandale is the relatively easy commute to other areas in Austin. According to City Data, the vast majority of Allandale residents only spend 10-20 minutes commuting from Allandale to their place of employment.
Itching to move or looking for real estate for sale in Allandale? Contact Hopkins Real Estate to learn more about Allandale or to schedule an appointment to sit down and talk about your real estate needs.