In the heart of Austin, Texas is a hidden gem of a neighborhood called Rollingwood. This small community has citizens who genuinely care about, and have strong interest in, their neighborhood. It’s a place where voter turnout is exceptionally high and almost everyone in town knows each other. Rollingwood is a friendly neighborhood, in which many children play and people still gather for socials. This charming area is a place that almost anyone would love to call home.
Since 1955, Rollingwood has been a fully operative city, with its own court system, EMS, police and fire station. Since the neighborhood is only approximately 0.7 miles in total, most people identify it with nearby West Lake Hills. When residents are questioned about why Rollingwood was their chosen community, most people’s answers were that they loved the active and close knit community, outstanding schools, and close proximity to Austin’s greatest amenities.
Many parents choose this community, since Rollingwood schools have been ranked consistently, as some of the best in the state of Texas. The Eanes ISD is considered the best school district in Austin. Three schools make up the education system in the neighborhood, and each one was ranked a ten out of ten, consisting of the following schools:
- Eanes Elementary
- Hill Country Middle
- Westlake High
Things to Do in Rollingwood
There are also a multitude of things to do in and around the community, such as:
- Golfing- Located across Lake Austin, at Lions Municipal Golf Course.
- Austin Science and Nature Center- A free activity for Rollingwood children. The science center is a display of animals that were rehabilitated, yet unable to be released back into the wild. Activities are located both indoors and out.
- Zilker Nature Preserve- The preserve highlights just one of Austin’s hiking trails, located a short drive from the Rollingwood neighborhood.
- Zilker Park- The Park is located next to Lake Austin. It features kayak and canoe rentals daily.
- The Hills Fitness Center- A state of the art gym, situated at the entrance to Hill Country in Austin.
- Eats and coffee shops- Pizza Nizza, Bistro 88 and Trianan Coffee Place, are all located within the neighborhood, along with several other shops and stores.
Real Estate for Sale in Rollingwood
The 78746 zip code in Rollingwood is where everyone wants to be living. Even though the original town was built in the 1950’s, most of the houses in the community have been totally renovated and improved. Most homes consist of one or two story brick style homes, although there has been some new construction in the area. The average homes for sale in Rollingwood sell for approximately $633,360. The current population stands at 28,076. The conveniently located town is easily accessible to downtown Austin, which is only about eleven miles away.
How to Find Out More Information
To learn more about this community, contact Hopkins Real Estate. We can answer any questions you may have. Schedule an appointment today, and sit down with one of our reputable real estate agents immediately, so that you do not miss out on your dream home.